Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pat Silvis--News From Mexico City

My Faithful Family and Friends,

How much is one human life worth? What would you sacrifice in order to see a loved one become closer with Christ? What does it look like when Jesus saves a life?
November flew by for me, and these are some of the questions that have really impacted me this past month. Issues regarding life, death, and history have been big themes in most of my ministry areas, and God has really stretched my idea of who He is and what He wants to do in Mexico.

We’ve been studying Filipenses (Philippians) in Spanish. Paul talks about being able to do everything through Christ (ch. 4), in good times and bad, and I’ve learned more of what that means for me here, through illness and stress as well as great friends and amazing experiences (like seeing the National Balet Folklorico. Our team also took a much-needed prayer retreat to Tepotzlan in early November. It was a wonderful time of prayer, scripture meditation, and fellowship. One of the big takeaways for me was the importance of knowing God and spending time with Him—He promises to meet us when we seek Him!

My deepest appreciation for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment